Tuesday, September 20, 2011

LaBORatory Concepts

So we had a project in my Drawing for Game Art class where we did lots of abstract doodles and silhouettes and then based characters off of their shapes and forms.

During this project I discovered the "Transfer" or "Opacity Jitter" brush setting in Photoshop and it changed my LIFE. I know it's crazy that I didn't know about this, but I have only been drawing digitally for about a year, so I'm still learning all these things that most people see as 'common knowledge'.

For a long time I felt like I was not only stagnating in art and drawing, but actually getting worse at it. For the first time in a long time I actually feel like I'm getting better. Progress, even if it is very subtle and slow progress, is happening and knowing that makes me feel reinvigorated to keep trying to get better and learning more super awesome things.

Click the image to see a larger version!