First completed project of the year! Had about a week to do it. I learned a TON about alphas and some new features in UDK, like foliage, landscape (the 'new' terrain), and landscape materials.
All work is by me, except for the sky, which comes with UDK.
There are some things I still need to fix in this before I put it in my portfolio. The value on the flower stalks is too dark, and I would like to explore landscape more. Also I need to make a few more plants to add variation and maybe explore making the sizes of the plants more varied in the map.
Didn't know how to make plants before and now I do! SUCCESS.